fbpx
en
Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
1 voice
0 replies
  • Author
      +2
      The African Monetarist
      Lagos, Nigeria

BlackRock bets

billions on

infrastructure.

The world’s largest asset manager, BlackRock, has acquired Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), established in 2006 by a distinguished Nigerian lawyer and investment banker Adebayo Ogunlesi, in a transaction valued at approximately $12.5 billion, comprising cash and stock. This strategic move reflects BlackRock‘s heightened emphasis on infrastructure as a compelling long-term investment opportunity. The acquisition positions BlackRock to consolidate its presence in the infrastructure sector, signaling noteworthy developments for investors with a focus on Africa.

Under the terms of the agreement, the management team of GIP will assume leadership of a consolidated infrastructure private markets investment platform within BlackRock. This platform aspires to emerge as the foremost provider of comprehensive infrastructure solutions for global corporations and the public sector, leveraging enduring relationships to mobilize long-standing private capital.

GIP oversees a portfolio exceeding USD$100 billion in client assets, encompassing infrastructure equity and debt. The firm concentrates its investments in sectors such as energy, transport, water and waste, and digital infrastructure.

Adebayo Ogunlesi‘s illustrious career, and achievements and influence make him a commendable figure, particularly inspiring for the younger generation in Nigeria and across the African continent.

Notably, Ogunlesi’s illustrious career, and business achievements has inspired a younger generation across the #African continent and garnered acknowledgments in Burna Boy‘s 2020 hit single ‘Wonderful,’ where the artist lauds his business success.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

++ DSYF, by Idris Elba. ++

G-STAR x Burna Boy – On Form.

SigmaCarta: by Dean Okai Snr.

The S.M.I.L.E-ing BOYS PROJECT

The S.M.I.L.E-ing Boys Project By multidisciplinary artist Kay Rufai, is a research led mental well-being project for Black & BAME boys in London. Follow Kay Rufai on LinkedIn and @ U N I V E R S O U L A R T I S T . »

TYPHOON: DUTCH HIPHOP

More TYPHOON Music: YOUTUBE >>>

SOKO Market + WAKA Street Food by Baobab Fare.