+6
      SUCULTURE
      Admin
      London, United Kingdom

““There Is No

Failure In Sports”

– Giannis

Antetokounmpo.

Regardless of one’s affinity towards sports, or not, the following principles provides a roadmap for your attitude to success. Moments after being eliminated from the decisive playoffs, this is an elite athlete’s response to a question on what he characterized as success or failure.

This is a compelling illustration of the significance of adopting a growth mindset, for achieving excellence and exceptional performance, regardless of one’s profession, or field. #growthmindset

Now replace the concept of sport with WORK or entrepreneurship as persuasively demonstrated by Giannis Antetokounmpo.

The reference to Michael Jordan is noteworthy.

To grow, to dare, to be enterprising and develop self-confidence, you have to make multiple attempts at success – sometimes you succeed, sometimes you make mistakes and sometimes you fail. It is only through the process of fails and missteps, and taking stock that we perfect our art, “grow individually”, and excelling in our chosen trade.

This mindset takes us to one of the key human fundamentals we must consider as a Community: “Do we have the right to make mistakes? Does every day bring new insights and the opportunity for a new/fresh start?!” There are millions of great ideas that go unrealised because of fear, or people lacking the confidence to start.

Too often, even with regards to our expectations of the youths within our community, the only goal is the result; but the real win is in the process, to maturity and adulthood.

Sadly, today society teaches us to be ashamed of failure. We are vilified for not reaching our goals at the first attempt; that we may lack sufficient grit or talent. We feel guilt and discouraged when we fail and often hide our defeats from others. But why is it vital to learn how to manage failure? Most successful founders and entrepreneurs fail at the first attempt.

Each path, even if things go wrong, helps us develop resilience, and of course we have the opportunity to start again – better equipped for the next challenge.

With failure comes unique insights and maturity!

For young athletes, Antetokounmpo‘s comments about “steps to success” are instructive. Failure is part of the journey.

So, let’s call it whatever you want; but failure [or mistakes], are an essential part of the path to success and it is important to realise that they do not define us as people.

To end, a quote from Funkadelic:

“The oak sleeps in the acorn. The giant sequoia tree sleeps in its tiny seed. The bird waits in the egg. God waits for his unfoldment in man.”

#GiannisAntetokounmpo #Perspective #Sports #Failure #Success #Motivation #Mentality #Development #Inspiration #Psychology #Life #Mind #CommunityDevelopment #BlackYouth #Community #Spirituality

+5
      Julian Cole
      London., England, United Kingdom.

“There is no failure in sport. There are good days and bad days.” “Some days it’s your turn, …some days it’s not your turn.”

Understandable and human. Applies to everyone – sport, business, and life @SUCULTURE!

A powerful illustration between the difference of a ‘Growth Mindset’ [athlete] and a ‘Fixed Mindset’ [reporter].

F.A.I.L. = First Attempt In Learning, actually.

Select inspirational memoirs by Black authors on motivation, success and resilience e.t.c.

You’ve Got To Be HUNGRY: The GREATNESS Within to Win – Les Brown.

Unapologetically Ambitious: Take Risks, Break Barriers, and Create Success on Your Own Terms – Shellye Archambeau.

Stop & Shift: The Mindset Reset that Changes Everything – Karen Allen.

Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds – David Goggins.

What I Know For Sure – Oprah Winfrey.

#growthmindset

+4
      SUCULTURE
      Admin
      London, United Kingdom

Thank you @JCole

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

++ DSYF, by Idris Elba. ++

G-STAR x Burna Boy – On Form.

The S.M.I.L.E-ing BOYS PROJECT

The S.M.I.L.E-ing Boys Project By multidisciplinary artist Kay Rufai, is a research led mental well-being project for Black & BAME boys in London. Follow Kay Rufai on LinkedIn and @ U N I V E R S O U L A R T I S T . »

TYPHOON: DUTCH HIPHOP

More TYPHOON Music: YOUTUBE >>>